top of page

”The greatest gift is not being afraid to question.”
Ruby Dee 

Frequently asked questions 

About Desire2study

Who are Desire2study?

We are a global admission office representing Medical Universities in Europe.

Is Desire2study representing specific universities?

Yes, we work with the best Universities in Europe: Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Medical University of Bialystok, Academy of Silesia in Katowice, University of Ostrava, Riga Stradins University, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Pavol Jozef Safarik University in Kosice, University Of Veterinary Medicine And Pharmacy in Kosice, University of Pecs, University of Veterinary Medicine in Budapest, McDaniel College in Budapest, European University in Tbilisi, Caucasus International University in Tbilisi.

Why you should work with us?

Desire2study is an experienced medical students admission office providing support to candidates from around the world.  We listen to understand their needs, provide free advice information on the most suitable options, we assist with the application and help with the documentation even after the acceptance letter.

When you apply directly with Desire2Study, you will get peace of mind when applying for your dream studies.

What makes Desires2study unique?

We are here to help and support the candidates because we understand how important is the choice of the Medical University. We also understand that the application process and the entrance examination can be overwhelming for many candidates so we offer support to prepare our candidates for the application journey.


Medical Programs

What programs are offered by the European medical universities?

  • Medicine

  • Dentistry 

  • Physiotherapy

  • Nursing

  • Pharmacy

  • Other undergraduate and postgraduate courses.


How long are doctor studies in Europe?

​Medicine is 6 years program, however there is a possibility to reduce the duration of studies to 5 years for graduate entry (subject to meeting special requirements).

​How long are dentistry studies in Europe?

​Dentistry is usually 5 years program.


Are the medical study programs for international students taught in English?

All programs offered by the Medical Universities we work with are fully taught in English.


Can you study in 4-year Medicine program for graduates?

No, European Universities don't offer 4 years Medicine programs. It takes 6 years to study Medicine in Europe.

Can you study nursing in Europe in English?

None of the Universities we are working with are offering nursing degrees in English at the moment.


Can you study dentistry without biology grade?

Yes, you can as long as you have grades and knowledge of physics and chemistry .

Where can I find more information about Medical Universities in Europe?

We recommend one of the Polish government complex publication about medical schools in Poland which you can find here.

You can also visit the websites of the Universities which we are working with:

Poznan University of Medical Sciences 

Medical University of Bialystok

Academy of Silesia

Riga Stradins University

Lithuanian University of Health Sciences

Caucasus International University

European University

University of Ostrava

Pavol Jozef Safarik University


What is the cost to study medicine or dentistry in Europe?

​Check out our up to date "Tuition Fees" section.

Medical University admission and entry requirements

How to study medicine abroad in English?

Contact Desire2Study and we will advice 100% free of charge what are the best options available for you.

Who can apply to study medicine , dentistry  or other degrees in Europe?

English taught programs at European universities are open to all students, regardless of their country of birth, education or current residence. All international students are welcome to apply providing they meet the entry requirements.

Am I eligible to apply to study medicine , dentistry  or other degrees in Europe?

The main eligibility requirement is that the candidate must hold a secondary school certificate which allows them to apply to any type of university in the country where the document was issued.
Depending on the University, there might be one additional requirement. This is that grades f
rom Biology, and one of three other science subjects (Chemistry, Physics or Math's) must be shown on the secondary school transcript/certificate.

Do I need to speak Polish or other European language to be able to study medicine , dentistry  or other degrees in Europe?

No, prior knowledge of local language is not required. All programs are fully taught in English and in addition, local language lessons are included in the study curriculum. This is to make it easier for the students to function in the everyday life in Europe and to assist during the clinical parts of the studies.

Can I apply before completing the last year of secondary school?

Yes, this is a common practice. High school students, while still in last year, can apply using predicted/provisional grades issued by high school. Our candidates come from countries with different education systems, so we know that final exams are sometimes taken very late or the final school certificates are issued after graduation. In such cases, the statement of provisional results can be used for the admission process. However, you will have to submit the final (official) secondary school certificate along with its legalization before the academic year starts in September. In some cases, an extension to the deadline can be agreed. Desire2study will represent you and help with any issues with required documentation or deadline.

What is the deadline for medicine , dentistry  or other degrees entry?

Studying in Europe is getting very popular for students from all over the world. As places for international students are often limited, apply as soon as possible so you have a higher chance of getting accepted at the university you choose. Below are the deadlines for 2023 applications:

  • Deadline for medical program application is 15th July 2023.

  • Deadline for dentistry program application is 31st July 2023.

Deadlines vary every year, sometimes it is possible to apply after the deadlines so always contact us and we will confirm if the places are still available for international students. 

But we have some universities which offer two intakes during a year.

Do I need to sit the UCAT or  UCAT ANZ to study medicine or dentistry?

The University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) is a computer-based admissions test, used by a consortium of UK and International Universities to help select applicants for their medical and dental degree programmes. In the UK, Australia or New Zealand, the UCAT or UCAT ANZ is a compulsory entry requirement for applicants to relevant medical or dental degree courses. To study in Europe , you don't need to sit the UCAT or UCAT ANZ  exams.

Do I need to sit the MCAT to study medicine or dentistry?

MCAT exam is used by the majority of U.S. medical schools and many Canadian schools, to support their selection process. The MCAT is a standardized, multiple-choice examination, which is developed and administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) -  It assesses your problem solving and critical thinking skills, and knowledge of natural, behavioral and social science concepts and principles. In the US,  MCAT is a compulsory entry requirement for applicants to relevant medical or dental degree courses. To study in Europe , you don't need to sit the MCAT exam.


When does the academic year for medical studies or dentistry studies starts and ends?

Academic year runs from October to end of June. However before the 1st year begins there is an obligatory pre-course which starts in September. Some universities run this course online but you should be prepared to travel to Poland in early September in case the course is run on the campus. Desire2study as your agent will communicate the dates and place for the pre-course in advance


Do I need Visa to study medicine , dentistry  or other degrees in Europe?

That really depends on your nationality.

EU students do not need a visa to study in Europe.

UK students need a visa.

Non-EEA country students may require a study visa. 

Non-EU/non-EEA students will need a visa to study in Europe.

As soon as you secure your place at the university, the process to get a visa is really simple for international students. Contact us to get more information about Visa requirements.


Why should I choose to study medicine or dentistry in Europe rather than in the USA or in the UK?

The cost of a medical degree and cost of living is significantly lower in Europe than in the USA or UK. Poland’s universities have high academic standards and excellent reputations. Due to those reasons, many English-speaking students from the US, UK and other countries are choosing to study medicine or dentistry abroad in Poland.

Why should I choose to study medicine or dentistry in Europe rather than in my home country?

Medical universities in many countries are expensive , often accept only limited number of students. Studying in Europe gives you the opportunity to pursue your dreams and study medicine or study dentistry at the affordable universities in Europe and gain worldwide recognized medical diploma.

Why should I study dentistry?

Studying dentistry leads to a wide range of careers which offer high levels of personal and professional development. Dental courses offer a lot more hands-on practical skills than Medicine. D. Demand for dentists , as an example, is constantly increasing in the UK which means that there would be more job opportunities after completing your dentistry. You can visit official UK UCAT (University Clinical Aptitude Test) website to explore dentistry-related career options ( ).

Can you help me transfer from another medical university?

Yes, we can help with medical school and university medical transfers.  We support students with transfers between universities in their own country or transfers from one country to another. 

Visit our "Transfers" section for more information.

What is the cost of living in Europe?

Contact us for details. 

bottom of page